Pinnell/Busch: Project Management Consultants for the Design & Construction Industry
Capital Program Management for
Public Works Agencies & Facilities Managers
Program Management is the process of controlling the design and construction of very large projects (e.g. a Capital Improvement Program) or multiple projects requiring program-wide budgeting, prioritizing, scheduling and project control, while using limited common resources.
Special Skills are Required
Program management requires special skills in multiple areas:
- Managing individual projects, multiple projects within CIP programs, and multiple programs.
- Understanding the planning and design process, and construction methods and practice.
- Technical understanding of industrial/institutional buildings or water, sewer, and other public works.
- Expertise in document management and cost and schedule tracking software and systems.
- A strong grasp of management organization, structure, process, and procedures.
- People skills to involve, motivate and guide the project team and client staff
- An appreciation of the political process involved in building public projects.
Pinnell/Busch has expertise in all these areas. We are experienced working with large consulting engineering firms, manufacturers, facilities managers and public works agencies.
We offer the following services to help you develop or improve your program management system, document your policies and procedures, and train your personnel.
- Program Management Systems and Software to help you develop and install complete cost and scheduling control systems that track projects and personnel needs to ensure that adequate resources are available and that critical activities are completed on time.
- Project and Program Management Policies, Procedures, and Manuals to help your staff develop improved policies and procedures and then clearly document them so that all personnel follow them.
- Management Studies, Support Services, and General Consulting to assist you with organizational development, Total Quality Management (TQM) implementation, facilities plans, transportation plans, planning and budgeting, road maintenance studies, and management plans for large capital programs.
- Technical Support Programs for Minority/Woman-Owned/Emerging Small Business Contractors to help municipalities establish sheltered market programs for emerging small business, minority or woman-owned contractors. We have experience helping M/W/ESB contractors first to bid on public works projects and then to avoid problems that can lead to delays, cost overruns, defective work, and business failure.
- Training to increase the skills of your staff. We have taught over 600 seminars and university courses.
- Project Support Services on Individual Projects to provide professional services in estimating, scheduling, partnering, claims defense, and other services on individual projects.
Click here to see a representative list of Program Management Experience. Call for references.